Saab Original Parts Limited Warranty – Saab Official Service Centers
Orio North America (ONA) provides a limited warranty to the retail purchaser of a new Saab Original replacement part or accessory item that the part or accessory will be free from defects in material or workmanship. This limited warranty applies only to Saab Original parts and accessories wholesaled by ONA, and purchased from an authorized Saab Official Service Center (OSC) and installed in or on a Saab automobile. During the applicable warranty period, at ONA’s discretion, the defective part or accessory may be exchanged, repaired or reimbursed in an amount equal to the price paid by the retail customer, net of tax, credits and incentives.
Warranted Parts and Accessories Installed by an OSC
Effective January 1, 2017, Saab Original parts and accessories sold and installed by an OSC to a retail customer are covered under this limited warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of retail purchase. This limited warranty covers the reimbursement, exchange or repair of the defective Saab Original part plus labor costs in accordance with the effective Standard Times Mechanical Report. This warranty is not transferable.
Warranted Parts and Accessories Not Installed by an OSC
Saab Original parts and accessories purchased by a retail customer but not installed by an OSC are covered under this limited warranty for 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of retail purchase from an OSC. This limited warranty covers the exchange, repair or reimbursement of the defective Saab Original part not installed by an OSC. Labor is not covered. This warranty is not transferable.
What is Not Covered under this Limited Warranty?
- Parts or accessories not sold, supplied, or approved by ONA and/or not retailed by an authorized OSC or other ONA approved distributor.
- Labor costs for removal and replacement of a defective part or accessory sold, but not installed, by an OSC or other ONA approved distributor.
- Frictional wear items, unless a manufacturing defect exists, e.g., brake pad material separating from backing plate, springs becoming loose in a clutch disc, etc.
- Conditions resulting from negligence, alteration, accident, installation of part(s) on a non-Saab vehicle, or other use for which the part or accessory was not designed or approved by ONA.
- Parts and accessories used in racing or other competition
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of the vehicle or other economic loss
- Damage due to lack of maintenance, use of wrong fluids, fuel, oil, refrigerants or lubricants
All claims, with or without labor charges must be submitted through the ONA online portal.